- REASON: Because I've read that if I collect email addresses and send people email, I should have a
Facebook, and Twitter, because you're not tracked and nothing is going on behind your back."
- AGREEMENT: By using any part of the Electric Vehicle Discussion List (EVDL), you agree to
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By using the archive, you can read list messages
without divulging any of your personal information. If you want to participate in the discussion, you'll have to
subscribe to the list. This process will collect your email address.
You may (but aren't required to) associate a name with your email address. It doesn't have to be your real
- GDPR NOTICE: By subscribing to the EVDL, you consent to the EVDL registering your
personal contact details (email address; and name, if you wish), so that I can administer your subscription.
You also consent to me or other EVDL representative(s) contacting you by email about your subscription
and/or your interactions with the discussion list, when necessary. You may revoke your consent at any time by
When you do, I'll unbsubscribe you. However, your public EVDL posts will be archived. That means that
when you leave the EVDL, it won't be technically possible for me to delete all of the information that you've
- INFORMATION SHARING: The EVDL won't sell or give your email address or name to anyone else.
However, your email address and any name you've used may be revealed to other discussion list
members when you post a message.
- SECURITY: The EVDL will take reasonable precautions to keep non-subscribers and non-members
from getting your email address or name. However, computer security is never absolute, so we can't
warrant that outsiders will never be able to snag your name or email address. A separate, disposable email address
for participating in the EVDL is a good idea.
- UNSOLICITED EMAIL: The EVDL won't subscribe you unless you explicitly request it. If you think
that you've received unsolicited email from the list, please
immediately with your email address. I'll investigate, and if I find your email address on the membership
list, I'll remove it.
- COOKIES: Your
sets a browser cookie when you log in to it, so you
don't have to reconfirm your identity with every change you make. It's temporary and it's cleared
when you close your browser. This website/list doesn't pass your cookies on to anyone else.
They're much too tasty to share.
- TRACKING: We don't do any. The Apache webserver logs some
about your visit, but I don't usually pay any attention to it unless I need to fix something that's broken.